just a little laugh

so, today, i had a good little laugh.

These past few days, I have been the queen of riding inappropriate bikes.

--> the bixi bike, last week, for a training ride. <---

and, today, after having picked up my flying machine from the shop, and post real training ride, I went to take the flying machine back via metro. however, it was during "les heures de point." and, for all you anglos out there (heh): "peak hours." meaning no bikes on metro.

so, i commuted... on my P3. picture me, with my chacos, a crappy "messenger bag," a cotton tee-shirt, cruising the bike lanes at a rapid speed of oh, say 15km/hr, and making stops at a coffee shop, and the bank. allowing commuter mc joe to pass when they want, and weaving through the traffic.


(now, if this is not a funny story for you, well, you clearly don't know how inappropriate a cervelo P3 is for commuting. believe me. it's funny.)


oh, and, i was also priviledged to see, on my commute home, a black man, standing at the side of a park lip syncing (i think) a variety of reggae tunes and playing fake strumming an electric guitar, wearing a polyester suit from the 70's. fantastic.

oh you know. just another thing you see while on 2 wheels in montreal during the summer.

Comments

Alexa said…
I've commuted to work on my P2C with my messenger bag! haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment