Maybe i can cut out the time when I normally watch the bachelor (ugh, can we just take a moment to say that Nick V is SO lame? but how excited are we for the next season of the bachelorette?!) to read a bit about spirituality and suffering.
SO, here is the main list of books and authors suggested. I will have to pick out the ones I will actually read, caus this is way to much to get through. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to a order I should attempt to read them in... Any thoughts? Does anyone want to join me in reading some of these?
- Moltmann's Crucified God
- Douglas John Hall The Cross in Our Context and God and Human suffering
- Thomas Merton
- Jean Vanier
- Teilhardt de Chardin
- NT Wright: Evil and the Justice of God and Surprised by hope and The day the Revolution Begun
- CS Lewis Grief Observed
- Oz Guinness God in the Dark
- Philip Yancey Disappointment with God
- Nouwen Wounded Healer
- Luther's Letters of Spiritual Counsel