- getting 5 (or more) music CD's from music guru Megan Orsini. Let me tell you, i have been waiting in high anticipation of this for a looooong time. and, finally, they have arrived. and, new music makes me happy.
- recently, i have had some interesting conversations about the idea of hell, and what is the definition of a christian. and, it is interesting, and it gets me thinking a lot. because i think i tend to have quite a open definition of both of these. such as the idea that i don't like to make presumtions of the state of someone's heart, or the state of their faith, or "lack" of it. i also know that i believe that there is hell, but i have no right to presume that there will be anyone in it, because of the grace and mercy of christ. however, also, there are many places in the bible that make it seem like it is *Very* easy to spend the rest of eternity there. so, what does that mean for us? that also leads to a low.
- it seems that i might have exciting christmas plans, that might include seeing a friend of mine from russia, and a road trip through georgia and flordia. but, those plans are still up in the air.
- i joined couchsurfing. i had a fellow from Montreal stay on my futon this week, for 2 nights. i think communities that exist like this are the statement of the goodness of humanity. i also think that if i had a bigger place, i would host people all the time. i think it really emplifies "do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing, some have entertained angels."
- it became sunny today.
- i am very excited about 2 upcoming triathlon races.
- i have had a lot of deep life thoughts, and been able to consider things like where i hope to be in life in 5 years, and 10 years. and, what are my plans, both for if i make medical school, and if i don't. the way i look at it, i have two options. about 8 years of school if i am in medical school, and about 2 years of school if i don't make it. either way, i am almost positive that i will not be in vancouver next fall, and that makes me sad. but, it is kinda exciting as well. my life is on the verge of big changes.
- my friend audrey is back in town, and that makes me happy. i have missed her over the summer.
- i have felt valued recently. and, that is nice.
- i got my hair done. and, it looks hot.
- i hate my knees recently. i think they are ugly.
- my close friend Kristin, and her husband Graeme, moved to Ottawa. i miss her in my life.
- see post from yesterday. I hate it when people are having a hard time in life, and i cannot do anything to fix it.
- i wish that i knew more answers in questions about god, and faith. i kinda wish that it was easier, and simplier. i mean, the gospel is simple. but the rest of theology, it isn't.
- still two weeks until i get the scores of my MCAT back. and, i am still nervous about it. how badly i would like to have scored well.
- i am not feeling like i am in peak shape for my race on monday. i hope it doesn't hurt.
- i am on a medication that makes me feel very dehydrated. and, no matter what i do, it seems like my fluids pass right through me. and, that concerns me about the said race on monday.
- i was at the public library the other day, when a guy beside me started looking at photos of naked men (yup, i'd call it gay porn), and chatting online, all while listening to his music so that anyone can hear it out of the earphones. it makes me very sad for humanity, that people cannot break away stuff like that in their life, so much so that they are inconsiderate of everyone around them. and, that things like porn can be so gripping upon people's lives. i was also shocked that there was not some sort of block on the computer at the library for stuff like that.
- recently, i have been feeling nervous a lot, about many things, some of which have been mentioned in this post, and some of which have not. and, when i feel nervous, it makes my mind run on overdrive. and when my mind runs on overdrive, i often don't feel at rest.
so, i think that this is a long post. if you made it through, congrats! i hope everyone has an amazing long-weekend!