when i run, i feel his pleasure*

not a terrible day. not a fantastic day. race report will be put up tomorrow!


So, getting ready to run my first real race of the season, tomorrow! The weather up here is cold, and wet this weekend. I am hoping that the the sun might peak out for a little bit of time, but, I think that is a little ambitious. So, those training runs in the rain will be beneficial to these ones.

I am feeling... well, I don't quite know. I am definitely feeling mentally ready to get my race on. Physically!? I just have to trust that I am there. Even though this week, I haven't been able to hit what I was meant to hit with training. I haven't run a 1/2 marathon in a year. and, the last one i ran had a 56 mile bike, and 1.2 mile swim tacked on before it. so, it has been a while.

I am carb loaded (feeling kinda weird though, on it. i feel very "full." or... bloated?) and know what running for 1:45 feels like. i have a goal. and, i have no idea if I am going to be able to reach it.

i have a few goals. i know i can get most of them (concentrate on technique. pace. quick cadence). my time goal, that is what I am unsure about.. it is fast. faster than i have gone before. so, we shall see.

the course is in parc jean-drapeau. a park where expo 67 was held. a parc that I spend every day at, because that is where we row. it is a great venue (including flat course that goes around the rowing bassin, through the trees, and on a race car track). I hope i have a great race.

it is go time, friends :)

*that chariot of fire quote (the one in the title) is only sometimes true. it is most always true when i bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment