Twas the night before christmas


And yesterday I didn't write thrive thursday, but, I have been thinking about it. So, Here it goes. But, first, hit the play button on the video to have a christmas song playing while you read!

This is a on going series that is posted on thursday's, to answer the question: "What helps you to thrive in your environment?" The series is written by myself, and a variety of guest Contributors. This week, I want to comment on Christmas.


Christmas to me has been a time of year which is generally not very consistent. the only consistency is that I know that I am able to spend time with people that I love. and, to me, that is one of the most important things about this time of year. spending it with people you love. so, let me reflect back on the christmases past:
2010: Victoria with the Birch Family.
2009: Missisauga with the Patterson Family
2008: Road Trip with Anya to Georgia and Florida.
2007: Whistler with Christina, Zach, and Ben
2006: Down to Tacoma with my Dad.
2005: On MercyShips, in Liberia.
2004: Road trip with Christina to the Southern States
2003: this is where i start to forget...

While I don't have much to say about christmas, because we all know what it is about...Christmas is a lot of "do nothing" time. And, it is amazing, because in doing nothing, and being with people you love, you feel like you can actually bask in what life really should be. Relationships, and time just "being." And, we are able to thrive because at times like this, we are able to get down to the roots of who and what we are. We are able to reflect on where we have been, and where we are going. We are able to reflect on faith, and on giving, and on traditions.


oh, and not to mention. we get to eat lots of good food, and drink yummy drinks.

Comments

Unknown said…
Merry Christmas!!! may you have many more good memories to share!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment