Phenomenal weekend


Being back in Vancouver has been great... since I have arrived, things have pretty much been perfect.   TIme to do school work, catch up on sleep, spend time with my beloved, relax, and workout. 
some of the highlights:

Date nights: On friday night, the boy and I went to a movie, and then out for a nice dessert on the water.  it was nice to be able to, after having spent the whole day inside writing my paper, and getting over tiredness, just to spend quality time together.  To communicate, to laugh, and to just enjoy the company.  Last night, we did our "make up for a lost valentines day" date.  We dressed up all fancy, and went to eat at an expensiveish resaturant, Nuba; we then walked around gastown (and, when i say walked around, we walked all of two blocks) to find a place to grab a dessert and cocktail.  we were successful, and Pourhouse even had live music which included men with fedora's, playing a stand-up base. 

shopping:  since I will be attending a conference in NYC in March, and I own all of zero clothes for something like that, I spent thursday afternoon with my super-stylish friend Terry (who, incidentally is also my "bride's butler" for my wedding) shopping on Main street.  We hit up all of two shops, at which I bought my main outfit at one called "Barefoot Contessa."  it was SO lovely to a) clothes shop with a boy, and b) be stylish.  I am not stylish at all, so, when I get the chance to do that, with someone who *is,* it actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

running:  I ran my first race of the year.  It was deemed that it would probably be quite laughable, since I have been "training regularly" for all of about 6 weeks.  It was just a race to be in race mode, and because they are fun.  i went out, thinking that I would ahve a basic endurance run, with no pressure.  And, that is exactly what it was.  I have been having a bit of an issue with my esophagus this week, which makes... oh you know, eating... extremely painful (yup, quite annoying), and I was a little worried that the pain might cause me to have a DNF.  but, it didn't. instead, I ran through a beautiful place in the Vancouver suburbs, and thoroughly enjoyed the race.  Didn't do too shabby either, coming 10th/50 for my age-group, and a 1:54 effort.  For febuary... I am more than happy.  I spent the afternoon napping on the couch, with the boy i like rubbing my calfs.  that was a definite bonus as well.

here are the splits (more for my benefit than yours!)
1: 5:20/151bpm           11: 5:35/168                  21: 5:24/181
2: 5:07/154bpm           12: 5:24/170                  should have been over... but, last one:
3: 5:13/158                  13: 5:14/169                  22 (208 m): 1:05 (5:15pace)/181
4: 5:18/160                  14: 4:57/169
5: 5:29/162                  15: 5:16/168
6: 5:46/168                  16: 5:29/170
7: 5:38/169                  17: 5:27/173 (picking it up here)
8: 5:34/167                  18: 5:14/173
9: 5:40/168                  19: 5:21/175
10: 5:34/169                20: 5:39/178

pre-run Gu energy! 

---------------------
On another note, I got this in an email, and... as always, kinda great.  

Dr Randy Pausch died of pancreatic cancer in 2008, and wrote a book ‘The last lecture” one of the bestsellers in 2007. What a legacy to leave behind…

In a letter to his wife Jai and his children, Dylan, Logan , and Chloe, he wrote this beautiful "guide to a better life" for his wife and children to follow.

Personality:
1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don't over do; keep your limits
4. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
 13.Smile and laugh more
 14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

 Community:
15. Call your family often
16. Each day give something good to others
17. Forgive everyone for everything
18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
19. Try to make at least three people smile each day
20. What other people think of you is none of your business
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.

 Life:
 22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
 23. GOD heals everything
 24. Do the right things
 25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
 26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
 27. The best is yet to come
 28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
 29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
 30. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy.

Comments

Damie said…
Are you coming to Nola? Come find me....please! We will have to tell each other what we are wearing so we can find each other. Or maybe waves? I will be in 30-34. I love these lists of things....I need to copy and borrow them! Also, great race! I have absolutely no clue what distance that was, but it looks like you ran well and consistently!

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment