Hello Friends!

It was so nice to hear from so many of you, following my christmas newsletter! As you read this next little letter, you might not be surprised that I am about to tell you something that involves raising money. I am very excited about it, and I would like to tell you about it. As my mum would say (and, as you may know) I love participating in "ridiculously long races." This spring, I have decided to take that passion, and do something where other people than I can be benefitted by my participation in these races. Some people think that my doing endurance races are inspirational. Families living with members who have blood cancer, make my participating look like a walk in the park.

I recently signed up for "Team in Training." You might have heard of it... It is an organization that has people participate in an endurance to raise awareness and money for research for leukemia and lymphoma. Did you know, that this spring, I am going to be running a 1/2 Marathon in the end of June. I am running, because one of my classmates (and a good friend) brought the idea up, since her dad has Leukemia. As I have gotten to know her, I have listened with her as she has told me about the journey her family has gone through in the last years. She thought that forming a TNT team might be a good idea. So, I am running for the Wiseman family, so that they may get more years. We are running as a group of Mcgill Nurses. There are 3 of us, so it allows us to encourage one another and work through everything together!!! (But, i am running a different race than the two of them.)

I would also like to invite you to join our team. I'm asking you about the possibility of sponsorship! My goal is to raise 7000$ by April 1st. Also, If you are not able to help out, could you contact any of your contacts that might be interested: Please forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well! You will be supporting LLSC's mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

would you pledge to be:
A Miler? 1$ for each mile I run on June 19th? (13.1miles = 13.10$)
A clicker? 1$ for each kilometer that I will run on June 19th? (21km=21.00$)
A trainer? 1$ for each training Kilometer that I will run:
- 90 km (one month of training)= 90$
- 250 km (for 4 months of training)=250$
A finisher? Be there directly by getting a personal phone fall from me right from the finish line! 500$

Finally: if you know someone who has ever fought or succumed to cancer, please LET ME KNOW! if you are able to donate, I will write their name on a ribbon, and pin it to my body as I run, to HONOUR THEIR JOURNEY.

If you would like to be part of my team, please make your pledge by either:
- Filling out the attachment donation form and mailing it to me.
- Filling out the attached donation form and faxing your credit card donation directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada at 514-875-2657.
- or, you can make an on-line donation by visiting my personal webpage below.

the first is my Team in training blog:
and, second is my sponsorship page:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada will issue you an income tax receipt for any donations of $10 and up.
On behalf of myself and all those that will benefit from your generosity, I want to thank you in advance for joining the team and taking part in this very worthy cause!
You can phone me at 514.... or email me if you would like more information.

This year:
- 15,010 Canadians will be diagnosed with a blood cancer this year; or one person every 35 minutes.
- 7,210 Canadians will die from a blood cancer, or one person every 73 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment