"my words are falling short...

and there's so much i want to say..."

but maybe not the right words to express. funny how that works, hey? (ps, i love that song. maybe one of the best lyrics ever exist in it: "it feels like lightning running through my veins, every time i look at you..."


today is thanksgiving. not for me. nor for many of the people around me. but for "all y'all" down there, i hope you had a fantastic day. Today was the first day since the year 2000 that I have not celebrated with you. so, it has indeed made me miss it a bit. a few things i thankful for: i am thankful for my friends. both ones who are close, and ones who are far. i am thankful for goals. they get me to wake up in the morning. i am thankful that i live in a country that i do not feel like i am going to wake up one day, and be bombed. and, for people who may live in countries like that, i hope that the world changes so that you do not ever have to feel that. and, for those of you who are scared... may you have peace. i am thankful that i have a job, and that i am educated. this puts me ahead of a lot of people in the world. but, not greater than those people. i am thankful for faith.hope.love 'cause those things can hold the world together, if they are properly upheld.


so, i have started getting my applications together for school next year. i will apply for 4 programs. 3 locally, one in Montreal. I hope i get into montreal. not cause i want to leave, but because i think it is the best program possible for me. but, here they are:
4-yrs B.ScN at Trinity Western
2-yrs B.ScN at University of British Columbia
2-yrs MPH at Simon Fraser University
3-yrs MScN at McGill
and, im not going to lie. I looked into other programs, that are far away from vancouver. I feel like i have itchy feet a bit, but i know i love it here, and i love being here, and i need to stay here for a while, to continue to establish myself, and root myself, and find my foundation. but, i think i need a shift in paragdigm.

i think i need to get back to my passions. i need to be closer to the underpriviledged, and marginalized. i need to be reminded that although I am enjoying working with the population that I am working with, that it is not where i want to stay.... but sometimes that scares me, because it leaves a lot of things open. so, i am looking. looking for something that might be suitable. and, that is kinda exciting, but also will probably mean taking a blind step forward... which, sometimes can be uncomfortable.


meanwhile, i got in the pool again for the first two times this week, after a 6-week (or so) hiatus. oh man. on monday night, while sleeping, could i ever feel my lats. ridiculous. but, it was pretty funny... while in the pool all i could helf but think was "damn. all i feel like i am doing is flapping my arms, and getting no where fast." i didn't last more than about 40minutes. and, last sunday, it was a beautiful day. i was supposed to do a "90-minute ride." it ended up being about 2 hrs hardish, and another 30minutes just riding along (JRA!) i couldn't get myself to stop. except at the end, and i went by solly's for a yummy yummy cinnamon bun. i would ahve to argue that they are the best ones in this city...

Comments

Bonnieupnorth said…
Hi...that app was already in the mail. TTYL

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment