best friends.

so, this next post brings both great joy, and great sadness to my heart.

As you may know, my friends are the best people in the world. you should probably already know that, though. you are probably a friend of mine. and, therefore, you are the best in this world. ;) but, this post is dedicated to two people who bring some of the most joy to my life. people who have been there in my life in the highs and the lows. the adventures and mis-adventures. the love and the frustrations. the struggles and the victories. these two people are two of the people i love the most in this world, and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

the first, is zach Mauss. here we see him military-esque, and not-so-military-esque. (being hounded by beautiful triathletes, the last time I saw him, in new orleans in April..)
First LT Zach Mauss deployed on tuesday, following about 3 months of living in Hawaii, to go and serve as a Medevac blackhawk pilot. He will definitely be missed, but in his own words,

"...this deployment has been a long time coming. Most of my peers from ROTC in West Virginia have deployed, returned home and are getting ready for round two! Because of the year in Israel and the lengthy time it takes to get through flight school, I'm just now taking my turn..."downrange" as we like to say. Flying Medical Evacuation in combat will be far and away the greatest responsibility I will ever have in my entire life and I do not take it lightly. "

we have been lucky to have him "stateside" for so long. and, i guess it comes with the job! but, that doesn't mean that we aren't scared for him, and that we don't wish that he didn't have to go, and that we are not going to pray a shield of protection around him.


on a much lighter note: congratulations are in order for my bestest of best friends, Christina.
here she is with me, when she came up to visit me for christmas 2007. (come to mention it, zach was there too!)

Recently 4 dozen roses showed up on her desk at work, and then a picnic occurred later on in the evening of the same day. apparently her boyfriend loves her so much that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her! so, now said boyfriend is finacee! so, yay! sooooo exciting. i love LOVE! it just gives such warm fuzzies!

here is christina and Dave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment