Here we come, 2017

The new year is here, and I haven't written my "100 best things of 2016" post yet.  I promise I will write it before the end of the month!  If you got our Christmas newsletter, you will know that 2016 wasn't always a walk in the park. It was not bad, it just was not always easy.  Honestly, I don't know that 2017 will be any easier, but I certainly know that I have many things I am already looking forward too.

Of course, one might ask if I have New Years resolutions.  I didn't have any, until today.  One of them is blogging more... sitting at my computer, and writing out my thoughts.  I have used this blog over the years for many reasons, but this year, I don't want to write about the things I have written about before.  Of course, posts might contain thoughts on racing, adventure, dogs, work, etc... cause, that's me!  But I want to get back to writing for the therapeutic aspect of it. I am going to write about being in the wife of someone who lives with depression. I'm not going to talk about the depression in particular, because that is my beloved's story to tell, when he is ready to tell it.  I will also not betray his confidence in me or break his trust.  But, I am willing to talk about me.  Because, if we are silent, depression wins.  I won't let it win.  We must talk, because this is not a secret or anything to be ashamed about.

My second resolution is to study the spiritual aspect of suffering.  I am a Christian, and as a Christian, I trust that the Lord has this in his control.  In fact, the lord suffered in his love for us.  But I don't claim to understand suffering.  I have suffering every day in my life.  In my family, with my friends, in my work, and in the world.  I have people I love very dearly, who are suffering right now.  Where do we understand the Lords love within this suffering?  If you have books, or a study you would like to send my way, please do.

Finally, I know this is going to take vulnerability, and that is not easy. But Just because I might right something, it does not necessarily mean I want to talk to you about it.  I may, I may not, but please respect me on that.  I welcome you to journey with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment