I really ought to start writing short, frequent blogs. But, seriously... who has time!?!?
What has been going on in this little life of mine!?
Well, I have been hammering out personal best times:
In February, at the First Half Marathon, I ran a PB of 1:42:52.
In March, I didn't race.
In April, I ran a "almost" PB of 47:33, having done a 115km bike ride the day before with lots of climbing.
In May, I ran *another* Half Marathon PB of 1:40:46 at the Vancouver BMO race.
Of course, in order to do all that personal best racing, I also have to be training hard. Training hard, but maintaining sanity is my motto these days.
I have been working working working hard. It has been very busy at Primary Outreach Services, and I have been really enjoying the work with the clients & am excited about the "system" changes that are happening at work. Its new and exciting. Its also stressful at times.
I have also had the chance to take a great little get away to The sunshine coast over easter, where my love and I were able to explore coves and forests and delightful little cafes. What a joy to get away from the city to such a close little paradise.
and, finally: #myroommatemadison has arrived! So far, it has been a joy! She is a great girl, easy to get along, loves her school, with and she loves to clean. What more can you ask for in a roommate?!
what is coming up?
The next 6 weeks are going to be a marathon!
1) I am going to New Orleans this weekend for Kirsten Melberg's Wedding! WEeeeeeEEEE! I am so so so excited to visit that city again, listen and dance to some jazz, see Kirsten and Donna, and just revel in love.
2) Anna and Andrew, friends from St James (and I also work with Andrew) are getting Married on June 1st!!! love to be at a wedding in our dear city, with our dear friends!
3) I have my first BIG RACE coming up. Boise 70.3, I am going to rock you. I will also say it now: my goal is to break 5 hours at this distance. I am pretty sure this is my year. Besides, how can you not be stoked for a race that starts at noon?!
4) I am getting ready for a TRIP TO MALAWI!!! I am so excited about my 10 day trip in June, when I will be in Malawi to visit Warm Heart Initiative's Partner Project in Thukuta village.
5) I also have a weekend shift. which is always a shift in planning...
BUT... IT's Spring Time!!! and that means babies are born, and the weather is dramatic. Love it.