'tis the season

for visiting friends. apparently.

This month of december, I have more days that i have friends from out of town, who are in town, than days that I do not have. the thing that give me great joy about this is that i find it amazing when you do have to see someone frequently, to still be close to them. For instance, Kevin, I had not seen for over 2 years. yet, he is still among my best guy friends.

My friend Terry left on tuesday night, after being here for 8 days. This was amazing. becasue, i have maybe, *maybe* seen him 5 times in the last 5 years. Terry Lui is an individual who was a really close friend of mine in grade 12, and for a number of reasons, we weren't really in touch. and, it is really neat to be able to re-connect with someone that you know, but haven't really known. for instance, i knew general things about him, like, what he was doing in school, that he likes cars, and listens to alternative rock; but now i know what his favourite snack is, and that his boots leak if he walks in the rain too much, and that he wants to own "a big scary dog" that isnt scary, and that when he says "you are so canadian" what he really means is "you are so white," and that he loves to think and analyze, so much so that he has to spend 45 minutes before he goes tobed, to quiet his mind.

so, to Terry: here is to re-kindling relationships. this past week has been a joy.

yup, once again, i am taller than the guy i am with being stupid in the car

close up. i feel like a look a bit chubby in this photo not quite sure what he is thinking here.

The two finger smile!


in other news. we went up to whistler last sunday. it was amazing. yes folks, my doctor told me that it was okay to snowboard. the worse that i could do on my elbow is dislocate it. so, yehaw! i went! and, it was amazing. so fun to head out onto the mtn. but, the funny thing was that as you got higher up on the mtn, the winds were close to 90km an hour, and it was a complete blackout. literally couldnt see more than 3 feet infront of your face. but, it just gave me a taste of what i might experience in the next week, as i head up to whistler with Zach and Christina and Ben. pretty stoked about it. not sure how much riding I am going to be able to do, because of $, but hopefully I will be able to get at least one day.

my arm surgery went AMAZING. even the day after surgery, i could straighten my arm more than i could previous to surgery. i am sooooo excited to have almost full extension back in that damn elbow. only five small puncture spots, and i got my stitches out today. i have little scars that look a bit like stars.




Zach and Christina and Ben arrive this afternoon and evening. I am soooooooooooooo excited. On saturday, we will head up to whistler, until the 26th, when we will go down to tacoma. CHristmas this year is brining me a lot of joy. For some reason, i really feel in the christmas spirit. im listening to christmas music on my ipod. im excited to cook dinner. I am excited to decorate stockings. christmas is going to be spent with my best friends. what joy :)



oh yes, and this has been in the news in the past couple days, even though it happened last spring. pretty dang funny....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8865748190310740586&hl=en

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment