- We see lots of animals: bears, salmon, bald eagles, deer, mysterious animals in the forest that you cant see, birds, snakes.
- There is so much to do! Being outside is Squawesome, and it is so much fun to learn new things. Mountain biking is great, and challenging. Trail running is way better than road running. I want to paddle board, I want to get back into camping.
- Our neighbourhood is awesome. Almost like the condo community in Vancouver, but with yards houses. Good Facebook group, lovely conversations while walking the trails around our house.
- Farmers markets, and craft markets. Such a good, local scene here.
- Lots and lots of people our age, with similar interests to us. Everyone has super adorable kids who do awesome active stuff.
- The dog has so many great places to explore and sniff and run. She is basically in doggie heaven.
- There are way too many things to do. How am I to choose if I have mountain and road biking, swimming, fishing, climbing, paddle boarding, hiking, snowshoeing, skiing!?
- We have not found a church: however, we have heard sermons that deny the resurrection of Christ, believe that the United Nations is representative of "the one world government" and symbolic that the armageddon is coming, or have misogynistic/homophobic tones. It really makes me uncomfortable and sad. I miss church and having a good community of Christians to have dialogue with... and, not going to lie, I miss not having to explain my traditional background.
- Trying new things is dangerous. I have rolled my ankle real bad, and it sucks. Sean has fallen on his bike, and he got hurt. Having fun outside can be dangerous.
- I miss my triathlon team. Being in a team builds community. I miss that. I miss the routine of training with others. I miss seeing people on a regular basis.
- it is hard to make appointments. It basically requires a whole day off work. And, things are randomly quite spread out.
- Everyone has kids. its hard to hang out.
- The commute: even though it is the most beautiful commute in canada, it still sucks 2-2.5 hours out of your day.