Summer weekends

The last hour of work on a Friday afternoon is generally the toughest, right?  That’s what they say? I certainly am finding that true today. I also guess that the summer hold that much more anticipation!

This weekend, Sean and I are off for a short two day trip to Penticton.  We would leave tonight, but, the heat is going to be sweltering, and we have to make accommodations for the dog. We are heading up there to Participate in the GranFondo: 180Km of cycling in 37 Degree heat.  YIKES!!!  I’m very excited though, and it seems like it is going to be a great event.  I just hope we can finish.

Three weekends ago, I had just gotten back from Malawi.  I saw super sick.  That was not fun. 

Two weekends ago, I spent it up in Whistler, with 5 other triathlon girls, doing a training weekend.  IT was amazing, and it really reminded me about how much joy it is to have “nothing but training” to do for a few days in a row.  Especially with other girls who are doing that same thing as me, and eat food in the same style and quantity that I do, and don’t mind going to sleep at 10pm on a Saturday night. It really was a lot of fun, and I was thrown back to the days of rowing training camps.  It is in situations like that, where you really build fitness & friendship.  Here are some photos, mostly stolen from Facebook.




Last weekend... was my birthday celebration!!!  And, it was lovely.  Despite the rain coming in during the “park part,” it was so so so lovely to have people just dropping in throughout the course of the late afternoon & evening.  Can I just say that it is really easy to plan a gathering?  I always worry about it.  Things like people being bored, or other people not wanting to socialize with strangers, or not having enough food, or too few people showing up, or too many at the same time. To tell you the truth, it always tends to workout, and always tends to be lovely.


I am thankful for summer weekends.  I am thankful for friends that come to my birthday celebration, and the small tokens of love that they gave me.  I am thankful for days of cycling, sunny swims, and sweaty runs. For ice cream affogatos & Gin and Tonics.  I am thankful for the fan blowing air through my room and beautiful flowers in gardens. I am thankful for slower days at work to spend some time not being stressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment