oh man.

I haven't blogged, like Sean hasn't taken photos.

sorry about that.  and, I am not going to write a long blog tonight.  but... what has happened in the last month?

the dog days of summer.  It has been HOT HOT HOT, and that has been enjoyable!  though, Im not going to lie.  a few days of rain might not be a bad idea.

wellll.... I got a job.  and, I have already been working there for a month.  I love it, it is challenging, and rewarding.  And, I get to work with great people like these ladies, who are other nurses, at the baseball game we went to today, for a teambuilding day (hello, run on sentence.)

I also mailed out wedding invites.  On that website, there is a link to this page... our wedding page.  It also shows that the big day will be in 42 short days!!!  I love getting the RSVPs back, and I can't wait to see who is going to make it!  if you already know your answer, please email asap to sean.amelia.birch@gmail.com  other fun things are being planned, like getting our wedding shoes!




We also... moved into our new condo!  yes folks, we are home owners.  We live on Fraser and 20th, and we are excited, because neither of us have ever lived in a "cool" neighbourhood.  but, now we do. our apartment is a 2 bed, 2 bath, just over 900 sq ft, which is just about perfect for us.  enough room to have what we need, but small enough to not over clutter.  With our help from our good friends, Terry and Rhonda, as well as Erik and his great big truck, we were able to move in a single day.  A week later, we were able to have a house warming.  here we are on possession day.

and, finally, I raced!  It was a slow race (bikewise), mostly because you were either going 10km/hr going up steep hills, or 60km/hr racing down hills.  But, that combines to an overall slow bike.  I ran fast, and swam medium (non-wetsuit swim!!).  I forgot my garmin, I was late for the stop, and I only drank 1 bottle on the bike (Eeep!!! for 40km!??! not good!).  but, I still got 2nd in my agegroup, and 6th woman overall (behind the pro's).  so, no complaints there.  A definite high point was being able to see the mighty maggs rip it up, and hold off the guys for a big win in the pro chase!!! Here I am heading in and out of T2!


subaru sooke international triathlonsubaru sooke international triathlon

that's it for now, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment