Christmas and New Years Newsletter

I know that it has been FOREVER since I have posted... I apologize.

there is not much excuse, other than the fact that the last few weeks in Malawi were busy.  I wanted to drink it in, and enjoy my time.  The final week was spent in an escape~ a place that I could just reflect on the four months, and slowly re-integrate into environments with more white people.  (seriously.  it takes a bit to get used to us again.)   but, during that last week, my computer also started acting a little fishy.  Glad it happened at that point, and not 1/2 way through my time there.

I arrived back in Canada last thursday (the 22nd).  It has been nice to be home (despite not being 'home'), and spend christmas in Victoria with my new "family to be."  For the last 10 years or so, they (my beloved's parents) have spent much time working in South East Asia... so, they know what it is like to come back to North America.  To transition back into life here.  To understand what it means to see the world through a different culture's eyes.

I will get back to blogging about the last little while in Malawi~  also, in a way, to not forget what it is like.  to remember the moments. the sights. the experiences.  but, meanwhile, I want to present you with my "Christmas" (more like a new years) annual newsletter.  I hope you enjoy!




Comments

Unknown said…
Love the newsletter and I'm so glad your trip to Malawi was amazing...and also glad you are back on this continent!!
Terry said…
Amelia, glad to hear you're back! We need to chat, will call you in the next week or two!
Damie said…
that report is a great idea! Yes, we have all been lazy bloggers, I think. See you in 2012!

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment