first ride outside!

remember what it is like to ride your bike outside?!? cause, I was almost forgetting.

Yesterday, I had the great opportunity to get onto my bike at about 5:30 in the evening, and bomb around town with a new friend. it was soooooo enjoyable, but also sooooooo cold. I mis-interpreted how cold it would be. but. frigid. not quite spring time yet. but, also not quite winter anymore, either.

strange place to be.

but, it was so amazing to ride and feel my bike move, and have the alternating power needs, and having to be aware of traffic, and biking beside someone and having a conversation, and exploring new places in the city that I have never been too.

those are the types of things i love. and those are the types of things that make me long for the summer, when I am able to ride outside all the time.

sigh. i understand what people mean when they say montreal has long winters. and, this is long, even though it has not been a harsh winter. it has been quite mild, and yet... i long for the spring time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you! I'm a cold-weather wuss, and don't even contemplate an outdoor ride until it's at least 50 degrees!

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment