2 hours later...

so, I woke up at 4:45, with the intention of going to le bassin d'aviron, to coach this morning. this, to me, is normal.

remember how I have said that something strange happens to me every day in Montreal. Well, it is 7:30, and I am sitting in a cafe, not at practice. My girls are probably just coming off the water now. first off, I missed my bus, by about 15 seconds* At that point, I though: "hmmmm, so this is how the day is going to go..." so, i speed walk 15 minutes down the hill, to get to the metro. get into the metro on time, and wait for it to start (if I ride it to practice in the morning, I have to get the first one.) We hear the electricity start up, and promptly in about 1 minute, there is an announcement: Le service de metro est introrumpter pour une temps indeterminer. The metro service is down for an undetermined amount of time.

oh crap.
so, I wait. and wait. and wait. 45 minutes- an hour later, i determine that there is no point in going to the basin, and i proceed to walk out of the station, and head in the complete opposite direction, towards the residence of my community client. since it is super early still, I am going to wait for an hour before i go to visit ;) I can't believe I have missed two practices on the week of the Canadian University Rowing Champs. i feel pretty stupid about that.


in other news, I had a physiology exam last night. Wayyyyyy better than the pharmacology exam last week. ANd, I would like to note that the more I think about it, the more I love physiology. Call me a nerd, but I think it is fascinating. And, I am glad that I didn't use any credits to skip this class. in addition, the next section: muscle physiology. and that, my friends, makes me extremely excited. I love muscles. And, i love when they work. and, i love it when people have strong ones. because, as someone who motivates and inspires me once said, "Strong muscles are healthy muscles." and, i couldn't agree more.

finally, yesterday, when walking home, i realized that I am back on the bandwagon. I have been off the bandwagon, I would say, since last June. Probably just after I arrived in florida for my Haiti trip, and started eating insiduous amounts of refined carbs (ughghghgh!), since that was what was on the menu for most of the summer.
"what bandwagon?" might you ask...

the... triathlon bandwagon! Tri is on my mind again these days. despite the fact that the next one I might do is months and months away, I am getting excited about it again. I am google searching races. I am trying to stick better to healthy eating. I am excited about exercising everyday, and having a coach to tell me what to do. I am even back in the gym for strength/functional training (see the paragraph above about strong, healthy muscles!). and, all of that makes me super excited. and, it is kinda neat to think that I have other people who are on that bandwagon with me** and, sometimes it is funny, cause I tell people I have gotten a coach, and they get all excited. "oh! how often do you get to see her? where is she in the city?" ha! how about... never!? how about... well, in New York state. How about... i might get lucky if i see her in june, or some other time over the course of the next year... but, I am okay with that. 'cause inspiration and motivation doesn't have to come with direct contact. I think it comes from both intrinsic and extrinsic factors from a multitude of people and forms.

and, because of that, i am excited.



* yes, my bike is still in the shop. they keep on telling me "we will call you!" and they never do. Not so happy about that. they have had it a week now. let's not talk about it. unless of course, you want to complain about it with me.
** if you are a Train-this athlete/teammate, leave a note in the comments! I will add you to my blog roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse 70.3 race report

La Printaniere Race Report!

Board Member recuitment